SUMMARY OF RULES & REGULATIONS
General Rules and Procedures in respect of National Lottery
Games and Additional Games
• Participation in all National Lottery
Games and Additional Games is only allowed to players above the age of eighteen (18).
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited maintains the confidentiality
of all winners of the National Lottery games and Additional Games. Personal data of
the winners of large prizes, which are necessarily recorded in
order to proceed with the validation and payment, are to be kept
confidential. Winners who do not wish to appear in person to receive
their prize may appoint a lawyer or representative with signed
authorisation for claiming the prize on their behalf.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited will deal with complaints and
enquiries made by players as expeditiously as possible, and will
review each and every case on its merits.
• The player is solely responsible for verifying, at the
time of purchase, that the ticket has not been cancelled, mutilated,
altered or tampered with. The player is responsible for the safe
keeping of his ticket.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable for any damage
suffered by any player due to the non observance of these rules
and procedures or the instructions contained on the coupons/tickets
or otherwise communicated by the MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited or its
• No claim shall be accepted in case of cancelled, stolen,
lost or destroyed tickets or receipts.
• The holder of a winning ticket shall not be entitled to
the prize money if:
• The winner is a minor or a prohibited
• The ticket has been tampered with in
• Both the barcode and the barcode number
are unreadable / destroyed.
In this case however, the Player
can still claim his / her prize from the Head Office of
MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited with the
relevant ticket, IF the ticket contains ALL the
• CRC Number together
with ALL of the following:
• AGENT Number
• TERMINAL Number
• Ticket Number
• The owner of a receipt / ticket with a technical-printing
defect is only entitled to a refund of the ticket and shall not
have any other claim against MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable to pay interest
on any winnings in respect of any period during which the payment
of the winnings is postponed due to situations where the validity
checking requires investigation, on where inquiry on the identity
of the claimant is necessary or where a dispute needs to be resolved.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable to any person for
any loss (whether such loss is direct, indirect or concerns the
loss of the chance to participate) arising from the withdrawal
of any game or from the participation or non-participation of
any person in any game except in cases of gross negligence or
• In the event that the game’s general or particular
rules do not, or do not clearly, cater for a solution on any matter
which may arise, then MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall decide on
this matter together with the Authority.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall determine the dates and
times within which participation in a particular game is possible.
Registration and transcription of data shall not be possible beyond
the dates and hours fixed by MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall provide all available information
to the players regarding the rules of the National Lottery Games,
the cashing of the winnings and any other relevant information
regarding the operation of the games, the draw and the claim period
of any receipt relating to any National Lottery Game
• Sellers, players and the general public can call the MALTCO
LOTTERIES Limited Help Line Centre Tel: +35623883333, (at a local
call rate) for any information or clarification.
Specific Rules and Regulations for U*BET Games
• Participation in U*BET Fixed Odds Betting
games is subject to the condition that the player accepts fully
and unconditionally the relevant provisions of the Law, including
the Lotteries and Other Games Act 2001, the General Rules for
the Operation of U*BET Fixed Odds Betting games, the Special Regulations
for each game, as well as the special rules and conditions that
appear on the betting programmes.
• The Rules and Regulations for U*BET games are included
in a Players’ Booklet which is available for inspection
at all MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited Points of Sale and the Head Office
of MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited during office hours.
• The price per column is €1, and the minimum stake is €2. Players may increase
their stake by using the Multiplier feature on the coupon. The
maximum stake is €1,000.
• The maximum payout per stake is €100,000 irrelevant
of the level of odds.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited has the right to reject any bet
without justifying its actions. The company may also decide to
cancel any bet.
• Bets may be placed by filling in the respective coupon
and submitting it to the Point of Sale representative, or by verbally
placing the bet with the Point of Sale representative. A ticket
confirming the bet will be given after payment is affected. The
player is responsible for ensuring that the information printed
on the ticket is correct before leaving the Point of Sale.
• By submitting the coupon at the Point of Sale or by verbally
placing the bet at the Point of Sale, the player accepts these
conditions as binding.
• For reasons beyond the control of MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited,
matches or other betting events stipulated in a programme may
start earlier, be postponed, be suspended or cancelled. A participant
may be disqualified or quit an event. An event may also form part
of a competition which may have been cancelled. In all these cases
as well as other occurances which can be described as Force Majeure
special rules apply which are explained in detail in the Players’
• When a result of a particular event cannot be verified,
the Licensee may apply special procedures, as explained in the
• Cancellation of valid tickets can only take place within
5 minutes following their issue and by the same terminal at the
Point of Sale.
• Bets will be accepted up to 5 minutes before the start
of the first of the player’s selections in chronological
• Winnings up to €5,000 can be claimed at any MALTCO
LOTTERIES Limited Point of Sale equipped with an on-line terminal
provided that the original ticket is presented untampered and
with the required information which is clearly visible. The person
claiming the winning cannot be a minor or a prohibited ticket
holder. Winnings over €5,000 have to be claimed at the Head
Office of MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited against presentation of an
• Winnings have to be claimed within a period of 60 consecutive
days. If the last claim day falls on a Sunday or a public
holiday, the claim period will be extended to the first working
• Any disputed customer claims must be forwarded in writing
within 60 days from the end of the respective betting period.
• MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited reserves the right to verify
any cause for suspicion and to take the appropriate action accordingly.
• The official results for the events listed in the programme
are according to the results published by MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited.
• Postponement: beyond the current week from the date stated in the Program (for betting purposes the current week is considered to start on Tuesday at 00:00 and end on Monday 23:59)
• More detailed information about the games can be provided
by the MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited Points of