- Who We Are
- Maltco Lotteries is part of INTRALOT Group of Companies.
- For any request or query about how we use your personal information, you may address us by using the following contact details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any notice, demand, request or other communication which you address to Maltco shall either be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by email. All notices given by e-mail shall be deemed given as of the business day following the day of transmission.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice the following definitions shall apply:
- “Consent” - Any explicit, specific and freely given indication by which the User, after having been fully informed, signifies her agreement to personal data relating to her being processed.
- “Cookie” - short text of software code, which is transmitted from the web server of our Company and stored at your device each time that you enter the Websites.
- “GDPR” - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, as amended, replaced or superseded and in force from time to time and as transposed into member-state legislation.
- “Personal Data” - any information which relates to a User, who can be identified directly or indirectly.
- “Processing” - Any operation or set of operations which is performed by Maltco Lotteries upon the personal data of the users of the Websites, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;
- “User” – Any internet user who accesses and browses at the Websites
- “Websites” – The worldwide web websites which are accessible through the domain names www.maltco.com, www.maltco.com.mt, ubet.com.mt including all of their webpages and subdomains.
- Subject Matter
- The present Notice sets out the terms and conditions which Maltco Lotteries follows in order to protect the privacy of our clients. It describes the conditions under which we make any collection and processing of your personal data and ensure their confidentiality (“Privacy Notice”).
- Maltco Lotteries reserves the right to amend and update this Privacy Notice, whenever it deems it appropriate, and any changes thereof shall come in force and effect from the instance they appear online at the Websites.
- If any provision of this Privacy Notice is declared void or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Privacy Notice, which shall otherwise remain in full force and effect to the extent that the original intent of this Privacy Notice will not be altered in any material respect.
- Principles of Data Processing
We fully respect your fundamental rights and render protection of your privacy a priority of Maltco Lotteries. In this context, when processing your personal data, we follow the following basic principles:
- We legitimately process your personal data, and we maintain full transparency vis-à-vis the way we handle your personal data.
- We collect and process your data only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes as outlined in this policy, and we do not process it further in a manner incompatible with these purposes.
- We process your personal data only to the extent that it is appropriate and relevant to the above purposes, while limiting the processing to the measure necessary for these purposes.
- We make reasonable efforts with your own assistance to ensure that your processed data is accurate and, where necessary, updated with regard to the purposes of the processing, taking all reasonable steps to immediately delete or correct it in case of inaccuracy.
- We keep your personal data in a form that allows you to identify yourself only for the time required for the above processing purposes.
- We process your personal data in a way that guarantees its security by using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
- We do not intend to further process your personal data for purposes other than the ones for which they are collected.
- We inform you that there is no obligation to provide your personal data and that there are no possible consequences from the choice not to provide it. Furthermore, we inform you that your personal data will not be used for automated decision making, including profiling, unless you give your lawful consent.
- Without prejudice to what is stated in this policy, we do not disclose and transmit your personal data to third parties without your consent, unless permitted by law or by our contractual agreement with you.
- Please be advised that we do not pass on your personal data to a third country or international organization for which there is no European Commission decision under the GDPR.
- In general, we comply with all the applicable laws and comply with all our statutory obligations, as data controllers of your personal data.
- Types of Data Collected
At the point of your access and during your use of our Websites, you may provide to Maltco Lotteries the following types of personal data:
- At the point of your access and during the use of the Websites
● End user device data
● General communication data.
● Browsing data/patterns.
● Information on user preferences regarding the Websites products/ services.
- At the point of giving us permission to obtain personal data from personal accounts for social media and / or other online services of third parties :
● Information stored in such accounts.
- At the point of submitting your CV, cover letter and your contact information through our Websites forms:
● All personal data directly provided by you.
- At the point of submitting your application for:
1) A Vacant Point of Sale
2) Maltco Lotteries Authorized Agent
3) Maltco Lotteries Authorized Seller
Through our Websites forms:
● All personal data directly provided by you
- At the point of accepting the receipt of advertisements [e.g. banners, hyperlinks or plugins] and any other type of commercial communications placed at or communicated through the Websites or through our social media channels:
● All personal data directly provided by you.
● Non-personally identifiable information regarding the popularity of such commercial communications.
- Any other personally identifiable information directly provided by you during interaction with our social media channels.
- Maltco Lotteries does not collect or gain access in any way to special categories ("sensitive") of personal data or data relating to criminal convictions and offenses by its clients, unless this is explicitly required by a public authority. You have an obligation to refrain from posting such data concerning yourself or third party data subjects. In the event that you submit such data to our Websites, these will be removed as soon as we become aware of them. We have no liability to you or to any third parties for any processing of sensitive data due to your actions or omissions in breach of this obligation.
- Purposes and Legal Bases of Data Processing
- Personal data necessary for the navigation and use of our Websites is collected and processed by Maltco Lotteries pursuant to Article 6 § 1 (b) of the GDPR for the following purposes :
● Technical capability for the smooth operation of our Websites.
● Friendly and user-friendly operation of our site.
● Improve your online experience while navigating and using our site.
● Recording consumer habits through the use of anonymous statistical data.
- Personal data necessary for the provision of our services within our contractual relationship is collected and processed by Maltco Lotteries pursuant to article 6 § 1 (b) of the GDPR for the following purposes :
● Performance of our contractual obligations towards our Users and Clients.
● Immediate, adequate and efficient provision of our services.
● Tax use and use for pricing and proof of delivery of ordered products / services.
● Communicating with our clients in the framework of the execution of our services and for the resolution of any complaints.
● Improvement, management and review of our products and services to meet the needs of our clients as much as possible.
● Administration, organization and function of our business.
● Management of our clientele.
● Extrajudicial or judicial use for the protection of our lawful rights and interests.
- Personal data necessary for the recruiting process is collected and processed by Maltco Lotteries pursuant to article 6 § 1 (a) of the GDPR for the following purposes :
● Communicating with you and processing your employment application in accordance with Maltco Lotteries recruitment and hiring process.
- Personal data necessary for business opportunities (Vacant Point of Sales, Maltco Lotteries Authorized Agent, Maltco Lotteries Seller) is collected and processed by Maltco Lotteries for enterprising individuals pursuant to article 6 § 1 (a) of the GDPR for the following purposes :
● Communicating with you and processing your application in accordance with Maltco Lotteries process.
- Maltco Lotteries collects and processes your personal data solely for the purposes mentioned above and only to the extent that is strictly necessary to effectively serve such purposes. Data collected is relevant, appropriate and no more than what is required in view of the above purposes, whereas we strive to keep them accurate and up to date. Furthermore, your data is retained only for the period required to achieve the purposes, for which they are collected and processed, and are afterwards deleted.
- Maltco Lotteries may process personal data only with your lawful consent for the following purposes :
● For the purposes of commercial communication, marketing and advertising of our services or third party services via SMS, telephone, e-mail, internet, fax, mail, social media and / or any other appropriate communication channels.
● For personified market research and / or analysis purposes to better understand your needs, preferences, interests, experiences and / or habits as a consumer.
● To operate and manage any reward programs.
- You give us your consent to the processing of your personal data for the above purposes with an electronic statement in a manner clearly distinguishable from other consents or notice and in an intelligible and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. Your consent is freely given and your personal data is given without such a provision being a legal or contractual obligation or a requirement on behalf of Maltco Lotteries for the performance of a contract between us.
- In this context, by giving your consent, you explicitly state that you wish to provide your consent for the above purposes in accordance with the terms and conditions of this policy. You may provide your consent in the following ways :
● When submitting your CV, cover letter and contact details
● When submitting your application for Vacant Point of Sales, become a Maltco Lotteries Authorized Agent / Maltco Lotteries Seller.
● When submitting queries at our Contact Us web form.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment of your data prior to its revocation. Your consent is also revoked in the same manner as provided.
- Data Recipients
- Maltco Lotteries shares your data with its parent company INTRALOT SA and /or its subsidiaries both based in the EU in the process of pursuing the purposes of data processing at Group level.
- Maltco Lotteries does not assign your personal data or interconnect its database with any third parties, public authorities or other organizations for financial or other consideration.
- For the execution of the purposes mentioned in this Notice, Maltco Lotteries may provide access to or transmit the following types of your data to the following processors for and on behalf of :
● Your personal data to our internet and data hosting providers for hosting purposes.
● Your personal data to our information technology maintenance and support providers for the smooth operation of Websites and our information and communication systems.
● Your personal data to third-party consultants to provide data analysis services.
- The processing of your personal data by our data processors mentioned above is executed under our control and orders and is subject to the same data protection policy or to a policy of at least the same level of protection.
- In the event that we are required by a court or other administrative authority and in any other case that we are legally bound to do so, our Company may transfer your personal data to public authorities to the extent specified by law prior to you being informed.
- Data Security and Confidentiality
- In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of your personal data and to prevent their unauthorized or accidental access, processing, deletion, alteration or other use, Maltco Lotteries applies appropriate internal policies and takes all appropriate organizational, technical, physical, logical and procedural security measures, as well as technical standards, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- The processing of your data by Maltco Lotteries is conducted in a manner that ensures their confidentiality and physical and logical security, taking into account the latest developments, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as the risks for your rights and freedoms, which are applicable in each circumstance.
- Your personal data is processed solely by authorized personnel of Maltco Lotteries, bound by strict obligations of confidentiality.
- Retention of Personal Data
- We keep your personal data for as long as it is each time necessary for the relevant purposes of their processing.
- Maltco Lotteries shall retain your personal data in accordance with the following periods:
a) a Vacant Point of Sale Application – for one (1) year after the expiry of its Licence, or any extension granted thereto
b) Maltco Lotteries Authorized Agent Application – for one (1) year after the expiry of its Licence, or any extension granted thereto
c) Maltco Lotteries Authorized Seller Application – for one (1) year after the expiry of its Licence, or any extension granted thereto
d) Curriculum Vitae (CV) - for one (1) year after the expiry of its Licence, or any extension granted thereto
- Maltco Lotteries may retain your personal data after the expiration of their relevant processing purposes in the following limited cases:
● In case that there is a legal obligation under a relevant statutory provision.
● For reasons of tax and social security audit reasons within the statutory limitation period.
● For research or statistical purposes for the proper organization and operation of our business provided that anonymity or pseudonymization of your data takes place.
● In case of any claims against Maltco Lotteries, for as long as necessary to defend our rights and legitimate interests before any competent court and any other public authority.
- After the period of retention, your personal data is erased from our databases and systems in accordance with our data protection policies and provided that their retention is no longer required for the fulfillment of the purposes we have described above.
- Your Rights
- Without prejudice to the applicable law and subject to any limitations thereof, you have the following rights :
● Request for access to your personal data and information related to their processing and obtain a copy thereof.
● Request for the rectification of any inaccuracies or any missing personal data of yours.
● Request for the erasure of your personal data.
● Request for the restriction of the processing of your personal data in cases explicitly provided for by law.
● Request for the portability of your personal data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. cd).
● Object to the processing of your personal data in cases explicitly provided for by law.
● Object to a decision taken solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling, which has impact on you or significantly affects you. Any requests relevant to the above are addressed in writing to our contact details mentioned in this Notice.
- Maltco Lotteries will respond to any of your requests within one month from their receipt. Upon prior notice, this period may be extended by a further two months if necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of any other pending requests. In case of rejection of your request, we will provide relevant justification.
- If your request does not meet the requirements of the applicable law, Maltco Lotteries reserves the right either to: (a) impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or executing the requested action, or (b) reject your request.
- In the event of any violation of your personal data, which may place your rights and freedoms at a high risk, and provided that it does not fall under one of the exceptions expressly provided for by the applicable law, we undertake to inform you without undue delay.
- If there are any doubts as to the identity of the individual submitting the request, we reserve the right to request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm his / her identity.
- If your rights are infringed, we inform you that you have the right to file a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner or with any other competent supervisory authority.
- Your Obligations
- By using our Websites and by providing your personal data upon your consent, you acknowledge that you are required to state your actual, accurate and complete information requested by Maltco Lotteries. Furthermore, you must inform our Company of any changes to your information so as to ensure it is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- If you are found to be in breach of your obligations or if our Company has reasonable suspicion that the information you provide is false or incomplete or in any way contrary to the applicable law or this Privacy Notice, we retain the right to reject your application for registration or to suspend or terminate your account immediately without notice. In this case, you have no right to any compensation due to the rejection of your application, or the suspension or termination of your account.
- You acknowledge that our Company may delete, cross-check, supplement or modify the information you provide based on information lawfully provided by third parties. In this case, our Company will provide you with relevant notice in compliance with the the applicable law.
- By using our Websites you confirm that you are over eighteen (18) years old. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) you have the obligation to abstain from any use of our Websites and from any transfer of your personal data without the consent of the person who exercises your parental responsibility. If you fail to comply with the foregoing obligations, you must immediately notify Maltco Lotteries. In any case, using the Site, you acknowledge that Maltco Lotteries is not responsible for your violation of the obligations mentioned above to the extent that it is unable, even if it makes reasonable efforts, to verify your age or to receive consent from your guardian.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on a computer’s hard drive. Once the user agrees, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets the user know when they have visited a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to users as individuals. The web application can tailor its operations to a user’s needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about their preferences.
MALTCO LOTTERIES uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps MALTCO LOTTERIES to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Websites in order to tailor them to customer needs. MALTCO LOTTERIES only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help MALTCO LOTTERIES provide users with better websites, by enabling us to monitor which pages users find useful and which ones they do not. A cookie in no way gives MALTCO LOTTERIES access to a user’s computer or any information about them, other than the data they choose to share with us.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but a user can usually modify their browser setting to decline cookies if they prefer. This may prevent users from taking full advantage of the websites
- International Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- Any dispute between you and Maltco Lotteries arising from or in relation to the subject matter of this Privacy Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with Maltese law without reference to its conflict of laws principles and shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of Malta.
- If a provision of the present Privacy Notice is canceled by a decision of a competent court as unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity and enforceability rest of its provisions, which will remain in full force and will be accordingly applied.