MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is authorized, by a licence issued by the Minister of Finance in terms of Article 26 (3) of the Lotteries and Other Games Act 2001, to operate the National Lottery of Malta.
General Rules and Procedures in respect of all National Lottery Games.
- Participation in all National Lottery Games and Additional Games is only allowed to players above the age of eighteen (18).
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited maintains the confidentiality of all winners of the National Lottery Games.
- Personal data of the winners of large prizes, which are necessarily recorded in order to proceed with the validation and payment, are to be kept confidential and all data is collected and processed by MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 2001, as may be amended from time to time.
- Winners who do not wish to appear in person to receive their prize may appoint a lawyer or representative with signed authorization to claim the prize on their behalf.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited will deal with complaints and enquiries made by the players as expeditiously as possible, and will review each and every case on its merits.
- Any person participating in any of the National Lottery Games and Additional Games accepts to be bound by the provisions of the Lotteries and Other Games Act, any regulation issued thereunder and by the Game’s general and particular rules and procedures, as amended from time to time. The rules and procedures of the games are explained in the Player’s Booklets. Player’s Booklets are available for inspection at all Points of Sale and at the offices of MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited during office hours.
- The player is solely responsible for verifying, at the time of purchase, that the ticket has not been cancelled, mutilated, altered or tampered with.
- The player is responsible for the safe keeping of his ticket.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable for any damage suffered by any player due to the non observance of these rules and procedures or the instructions contained on the coupons/tickets or as otherwise communicated by MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited, its Agents or Sellers.
- No claim shall be accepted in case of cancelled, stolen, lost or destroyed tickets or receipts.
- The owner of a receipt/ticket with a technical printing defect is only entitled to a refund of ticket and shall not have any other claim against MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable to pay interest on any winnings in respect of any period during which the payment of the winnings is postponed due to situations where the validity checking requires investigation, on where inquiry on the identity of the claimant is necessary or where a dispute needs to be resolved.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited is not liable to any person for any loss (whether such loss is direct, indirect or concerns the loss of the chance to participate) arising from the withdrawal of any game or from the participation or non-participation of any person in any game except in cases of gross negligence or wilful default.
- In the event the Game’s general or particular rules do not, or do not clearly, cater for a solution on any matter which may arise, then MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall decide on this matter together with the Authority.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall determine the dates and times within which participation in a particular game is possible. Registration and transcription of data shall not be possible beyond the dates and hours fixed by MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited.
- MALTCO LOTTERIES Limited shall provide all available information to the players regarding the rules of the National Lottery Games and Additional Games, the cashing of the winnings and any other relevant information regarding the operation of the games, the draw and the claim period of any receipt relating to any National Lottery Game and Additional Games. Agents, Sellers, players and the general public can call Help Line Centre Tel: +356 2388 3333, (at a local call rate) for any information or clarification.
Maltco Lotteries Limited is a Maltese registered company (C 32326) which operates the National Lottery and Additional Games with the registered address at Hal Mann Buildings, 2nd Floor, Saint Michael Street, Iklin IKL 1011, Malta.
Maltco Lotteries Limited is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority with license number LGA/NL/02 issued on the 27th of June 2012.
Update of website in progress - 2018 MALTCO LOTTERIES LTD - All Rights Reserved